This workshop will cover:
- Knowing your key message and making it relevant to your audience
- Preparing materials specifically for an online environment
- How to structure and link parts of your talk
- How to engage your audience and keep their attention throughout your presentation
- Using your webcam, what can your audience see
- Knowing the other tools available and when to use them
- How to handle questions
- Dealing with nervousness
- Presenting yourself effectively
Maria Gardiner and Hugh Kearns have worked as an award-winning team for the past fifteen years. They are well known as leading practitioners and researchers in cognitive behavioural coaching. As well as publishing ten books that have sold many thousands of copies, they are regular contributors to Australian media, including a popular segment on ABC radio.
Their particular expertise is in working with high performers and they have a long history of providing specialist services to the medical and academic professions.
Maria and Hugh have worked with thousands of doctors and a large number of doctors' organisations across Australia. Currently, they are working with the Adelaide to Outback GP Training Program to roll out the most comprehensive, evidence-based wellbeing programs for GP registrars in Australia.
They have also worked with more than three quarters of Australia's universities. Thousands of PhD students and academics have attended their workshops or bought their books. They have also published in the United Kingdom, and conduct workshops in the United States, UK and Ireland. Three articles based on their work have been published in the journal Nature.
Tuesday 9 August