0.6FTE, 6-month contract
- Design and build programming for new digital oncology platform
- Hybrid working environment, 2 days per week in the office, 3 at home (pro rata)
- Join a passionate, supportive and friendly team
About the program
The VCCC Alliance Centre for Cancer Education (CCE) was forged in 2021 to combine an interactive learning platform, codesigned with input from a dedicated development team and subject matter experts to provide a comprehensive and engaging cancer education experience. The CCE is committed to providing high-quality educational programming for the cancer workforce and consumers and as a part of that commitment, have partnered with the University of Melbourne to launch a globally accessible platform for healthcare professionals, researchers, educators and consumers.
About the position
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and building VCCC Alliance eLearning programming. You will support the development and implementation of collaborative education programs and activities within the Strategic Program Plan and projects with external stakeholders, including: the ten VCCC Alliance partners, the various representative VCCC Alliance Committees, our Research and Education Leads and other external stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the planning and development of eLearning educational projects and programs with subject matter experts, relevant colleagues and external agencies.
- Manage the delivery of education and training projects to time, budget and satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Prepare status reports for internal and external project management purposes, as appropriate.
- Translate learning objectives into effective content applying adult learning principles.
- Apply instructional design skills to translate learning objectives into effective content,
- Create relevant graphics, images, videos and animations to enhance learning materials
You will be a natural collaborator who brings the right people to the table when making key decisions. You’ll be a problem solver and will leverage your strong relationship building skills to remove barriers to program goals. In addition to this, you will have:
- Completion of a higher degree in education or eLearning; or equivalent experience in educational development and delivery.
- Experience in instructional design including the identification of learning objectives and key learning outcomes, based on theoretical underpinnings.
- Experience in the design and development of interactive eLearning modules, including multimedia elements (graphics, videos, animations, simulations, etc.)
- Experience managing collaborative relationships with a range of multidisciplinary stakeholders such as; senior academics, clinicians and researchers and senior stakeholders, ideally in the health care sector.
- Skills in the development and delivery of targeted eLearning educational content – preferably in the medical/academic sector - including analysis and storyboarding, moderation, and facilitation.
- Fluency in the use of Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint), Articulate or Captivate, Adobe Creative cloud software or other eLearning authoring tools.
About the VCCC Alliance
The vision for the VCCC Alliance is to save lives through the integration of consumer-engaged cancer research, education and patient care.
Founded on the holistic principles of the internationally-recognised Comprehensive Cancer Centre model, the VCCC Alliance brings together 10 of Victoria’s leading research, academic, and clinical institutions to achieve what can only be done through state-wide collaboration. Together we will improve outcomes in cancer in metropolitan, regional and rural Victoria, and forge new approaches to cancer research, education, and patient care for all.
The VCCC Alliance’s multi-site, multidisciplinary model brings together the complementary strengths of Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne Health (including The Royal Melbourne Hospital), the University of Melbourne, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, The Royal Women’s Hospital, The Royal Children’s Hospital, Western Health, St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (including St Vincent's Institute), Austin Health (including the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute and Austin Lifesciences) and Murdoch Children’s Research Institute.
VCCC Alliance is made up of a tight-knit team of staff who form the backbone working to facilitate the power of collective impact across the VCCC alliance and beyond.
Our Team Values
Better Together: we connect and support to empower sustainable change
Integrity: we are respectful of each other and the cancer community and accountable for our contribution
Bold: we cultivate ideas and dare to innovate
Patient-Centred: we place patients with cancer at the centre of all we do
For All: we champion equity of cancer care for every Victorian
Equity & Inclusion
The VCCC Alliance values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, free from all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment, bullying, vilification and victimisation. We are committed to all aspects of equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and to providing all staff, contractors, appointees, secondees, volunteers and partners with a safe, respectful and rewarding environment.
Contact for Enquiries
For a confidential conversation regarding the role, please contact Kyleigh Smith, Associate Head of Education ([email protected])
With the ongoing objective of enhancing relationships with our alliance partners, this position may be able to be arranged as a secondment within a VCCC Alliance member organisation. Employees within the VCCC Alliance are encouraged to contact Chris Morton, Head of People & Culture ([email protected]) or Nell Keenan, People and Development Advisor ([email protected]) to discuss the possibility of a suitable arrangement.
Download a copy of the position description.
Applications should consist of your CV and a covering letter outlining the key reasons for your interest, specifically addressing the main areas of the selection criteria in the position description.
Please also indicate your preference for full-time or number of part-time days when you submit your application. Applicants must have permanent residency status to be considered.
Please lodge your application via SEEK by midnight Sunday 26 November 2023.
The closing date may be brought forward if applications meeting the key selection criteria are received in advance of this date.