We are seeking a highly motivated cancer educator with experience in setting strategic directions, leadership, collaborating with multidiscipline stakeholders and capacity to commit in the role as Deputy Chair of the Cancer Education and Training Advisory Committee (CETAC).
The position, as a member of the Cancer Education and Training Advisory Committee (CETAC), is a rare opportunity to:
- Provide strategic advice and grow a robust education and training program locally and globally.
- Support the Chair to lead the expert CETAC to drive the successful development, implementation and quality improvement of the education and training program across the VCCC Alliance.
- Provide advice to the VCCC Alliance Board on the strategic implementation of education and training programming across the alliance where appropriate.
- Be part of a dynamic Committee contributing to education and training components of the VCCC Alliance strategic programs and primary responsibility for the governance of programs such as the Masters of Cancer Sciences and SKILLED clinical trials internship program.
- Foster networking, information sharing and collaboration across the VCCC Alliance member organisations and partners across Victoria.
Scope of the position
This honorary role will assist in providing strategic direction for the CETAC and the education and training strategy it governs as directed by the Chair. The primary aim is to support the Chair in activities to develop an education and training program which will contribute to the establishment of a highly trained clinical, research and education workforce to meet the increasingly complex demands of their roles.
In addition, the role is to build collaboration and support educational programming in regional initiatives improving cancer outcomes in conjunction with the Regional Innovation program. The time commitment is associated with the four CETAC meetings per year, quarterly VCCC Alliance Board meetings and varying other Strategic Program Plan requirements.
Applications are open to experienced clinicians, allied health professionals, researchers or educators working within one of the VCCC Alliance member organisations.
Please express your interest by submitting the form and including a copy of your CV of relevant educational/leadership experience by 31 January 2022 to:
Michelle Barrett, Head of Education, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, P: 03 8559 7105.
Download a copy of the Deputy Chair, CETAC Position Overview
Please use this Expression of Interest form to complete your application.
Please direct any queries to Kylie Mason, Chair, Cancer Education and Training Advisory Committee (please do not submit your application to this person), e: Kylie.Mason@mh.org.au.