The Victorian COVID-19 Cancer Network (VCCN) is a joint initiative of the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) and Monash Partners Comprehensive Cancer Consortium (MPCCC). Through the establishment of expert groups, the VCCN aims to provide support and advice to clinicians and health care services treating patients with cancer during the pandemic.
COVID-19 has resulted in a significant increase in the use of telehealth for the management of patients with cancer. Oncology health professionals and patient advocates have expressed interest in sustaining this practice into the future. The VCCN Telehealth Expert Working Group has identified the need for further evaluative research and strategic thinking regarding the ongoing use of telehealth in oncology.
Newly created role
The Telehealth Project Manager is a newly created role which is primarily accountable for helping support the Telehealth Expert Working Group and managing multi-site surveys and projects into the experience and use of telehealth pre and post COVID-19. Other priority areas will be scoping further needs and opportunities to support the use of telehealth in oncology including development of an implementation plan for its continued use in Victoria.
The Telehealth Project Manager will work closely with the VCCN Telehealth Expert Working Group to ensure activities are undertaken to the benefit of all Victorians.
Role and responsibilities
The Telehealth Project Manager will support the Telehealth Expert Working Group to:
- Design, implement and write up a primarily quantitative research project that evaluates the experiences of oncology health professionals and patients with cancer in using telehealth during COVID19
- Facilitate stakeholder input to the development and documentation of a telehealth practical guide for the comprehensive management of cancer patients from diagnosis to end of life care.
- Draft and achieve expert group approval of a plan for the implementation of the agreed telehealth in oncology practical guide
While this position will report to the VCCC Program Manager to provide operational support and guidance, it will also work in close collaboration with the VCCN Telehealth Expert Working Group Chair and members to perform a variety of key telehealth priorities for this role by:
- Supporting the coordination and resultant project activity of the Telehealth Expert Working Group;
- Engaging with existing telehealth in oncology champions and key stakeholders across Victoria and Australia;
- Drafting ethics submissions and coordinating a multi-site, primarily quantitative, research project; data collection and evaluation;
- Identifying funding opportunities and submitting proposals to support further research into the use of telehealth in oncology;
- Drafting key strategic documents that support the ongoing use of telehealth in oncology;
- Collaborating with state-wide and national bodies to ensure a streamlined approach to telehealth in oncology;
- Liaising with Victorian champions to identify continuing telehealth opportunities and unmet needs that would be of value to the broader community;
- Gathering and synthesising evidence to inform Telehealth Working Group activity;
- Preparing high quality communications material, reports and presentations to support the program planning, implementation and evaluation requirements;
- Providing reports on progress to the VCCN Taskforce Chairs, highlighting any delays or risks to the project deliverable that require attention or further consideration;
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders across the VCCN network
Key selection criteria
- Strong understanding of current barriers to establishing telehealth models of care
- Strong understanding of the healthcare system and cancer care
- Demonstrated experience drafting and coordinating multi-site ethics applications and research projects
- Demonstrated experience managing collaborative relationships with senior academics, clinicians and researchers and other senior stakeholders across multiple locations and influencing process improvement and development
- Proven project management experience, including working with and applying project management frameworks and methodologies, such as quality planning, risk management, communications, scheduling and budgeting
- Demonstrated experience coordinating meetings and events with multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience working independently, as part of a team and in alignment with an agreed strategic direction.
- Excellent relationship and influencing skills across diverse stakeholders (external and internal)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level skills in evidence synthesis, critical analysis and interpretation of evidence and data
- Ability to self-organise, prioritise, manage time and deliver on multi component projects in a matrix structure
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong problem-solving skills
How to apply
Download a copy of the position description.
Please send applications, including address of the key selection criteria by 5.00pm Tuesday 7 July 2020 to:
Hannah Cross, Program Manager, VCCN Telehealth Expert Working Group, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any queries may be emailed to Hannah in advance of the closing date.