On offer is the part time role of Program Manager, Value-based Healthcare (VBHC) with the Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre Alliance (VCCC Alliance).
This role manages the VBHC program, one of ten major programs of work within the VCCC Alliance’s Strategic Program Plan 2021-2024 (SPP).
- Work with a dedicated and passionate team focussed on improving cancer patient outcomes
- Market salary with generous NFP salary packaging available
- Flexible options available: work directly for VCCC Alliance or on secondment, dependent on approval from your current organisation. Working from home options also available.
About the Opportunity
Working in close collaboration with the VBHC Program Steering Group and other key contributors, the Program Manager, VBHC will be responsible for co-ordinating and facilitating stakeholder input and the work required to deliver an agreed program of work. The VBHC program has the overarching goal of testing four models of value-based healthcare in Victorian oncology settings:
- Forming working groups around VBHC themes to develop projects within each theme that are both attainable and will help advance the cause of VBHC in the Victorian oncology context
- Ensure alignment of the aims of the VBHC program with the Victorian Cancer Plan
- Developing and implementing these themes as specific VBHC projects
- Ensuring engagement of resources as necessary to achieve the program of work developed by the Steering Group
This is a part time, 0.5FTE opportunity through to mid-2024 (19 hours per week with suitable working arrangements to be agreed with the successful applicant).
Working under the guidance of the Senior Manager, Research Programs, as Program Manager, VBHC, your role will encompass the following areas of responsibility:
- Managing program development and delivery to ensure the involvement and satisfaction of member stakeholders, expert Leads and the program steering group
- Engaging with relevant staff within VCCC Alliance member organisations and other key stakeholders where appropriate to enable implementation of program goals
- Ensuring continuity and coordination between the VBHC Program and other SPP programs and identifying synergies and potential integration opportunities
- Developing and coordinating workshops, meetings, events and teleconferences pertaining to the program
- Supporting Steering Group meetings through development of agendas, minutes and work plans and through documenting decisions and outcomes
- Encouraging early consideration of opportunities for the inclusion of VCCC cancer consumer representatives and identifying opportunities for inclusion of underserved groups
- Undertaking activity in line with the VCCC Alliance Program Management Framework and ensuring all project management documents and reports are completed in a timely fashion
- Tracking program and project budgets and ensuring compliance with budget requirements
- Tracking program risks and developing mitigation strategies or escalating potential issues where appropriate
- Preparing high quality communications material, reports and presentations as required to support the VCCC Alliance program planning, implementation, reporting and evaluation processes
- Contributing to the identification of discernible metric-driven performance outcomes through an evaluation framework which will inform individual goals and measures of success
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to achieve more widespread understanding of VBHC in the Victorian oncology sector
- Identifying opportunities for leveraged funding and external in-kind contribution where appropriate.
As Program Manager, you will be a pro-active and highly motivated individual with a combination of program and stakeholder management skills. You will have experience in the healthcare sector (ideally in the field of value-based healthcare) as well as a strong understanding of data linkage and how it pertains to optimally enabling research.
As a lateral-thinking individual, you will be an excellent communicator, experienced in working collaboratively to achieve well communicated objectives. You will be comfortable in and experienced at engaging with multi-disciplinary stakeholders ranging from clinicians and researchers to senior academics, with the proven ability to build connections and synthesise complex information.
You will have a strong understanding of project management frameworks and methodologies, with solid project management skills, particularly with an understanding of research/project budgeting and resourcing.
You will hold a tertiary or postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as public health, science, or research, or equivalent significant experience in the health/research sector
About the VCCC Alliance
The vision for the VCCC Alliance is to save lives through the integration of consumer-engaged cancer research, education and patient care.
Founded in the holistic principles of the internationally-recognised Comprehensive Cancer Centre model, the VCCC alliance brings together 10 of Victoria’s leading research, academic, and clinical institutions to achieve what can only be done through state-wide collaboration. Together we will improve outcomes in cancer in metropolitan, regional and rural Victoria, and forge new approaches to cancer research, education, and patient care for all.
Better Together – we connect and support to empower sustainable change
Integrity – we are respectful of the cancer community and accountable for our contribution
Bold – we cultivate ideas and dare to innovate
Patient-centred – we place patients with cancer at the centre of all we do
For All – we champion equity of cancer care for every Victorian
Equity & Inclusion
The VCCC Alliance values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment, free from all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment, bullying, vilification and victimisation.
Contact for Enquiries
For a confidential conversation regarding the role, please contact Dr Mark Buzza, Head of Research on +61 407 553 501
With the ongoing objective of enhancing relationships with our alliance and partners, this position may be able to be arranged as a secondment, dependent on the current employer’s approval. This can be discussed at the early stages of the application process and VCCC People & Culture will be happy to support the necessary arrangements. For queries regarding a possible secondment, please contact Dr Mark Buzza on +61 407 553 501 to discuss the possibility of a suitable arrangement.
Download a copy of the position description
Applications should consist of your CV and a covering letter outlining the key reasons for your interest in the role specifically addressing the key selection criteria in the position description.
Please lodge your application via Seek, no later than 5pm, 17th January 2022.