About the position
Working with the guidance and support of the VCCC Executive Director, the R&E Lead Sarcoma will provide leadership and strategic direction for the research and education/training aspects of the sarcoma tumour stream, with the goal of embedding the latest research and evidence more quickly into routine clinical practice.
The R&E Lead Sarcoma will also work closely with a 0.2 FTE Program Manager who will provide support for their role.
- The R&E Lead Sarcoma will champion collaboration across the VCCC alliance and integrate research into clinical care through research and education initiatives.
- Provide expert advice on sarcoma tumour stream programming to contribute to the VCCC’s strategic planning processes.
- Continue to assess the sarcoma landscape across the VCCC alliance to gain an understanding of where the VCCC can add value to the Sarcoma tumour stream.
- Continuing to build on the work of the former R&E Lead Sarcoma, add value in the development and delivery of ongoing research and educational activities for 2020.
- Act as an ambassador for the VCCC.
- From time to time, the VCCC may also call on the R&E Lead’s expertise to have input into other related activities. Such input will be discussed and agreed in association with the VCCC Executive Director.
- With support from the VCCC program staff, participate in the development of the evaluation of the distributed model of leadership to inform future planning, with the aim of continuing to drive impactful collaborative initiatives toward improved patient outcomes.
Key selection criteria
Skills and experience:
- A clinical and/or research position within one of the 10 VCCC alliance organisations
- Informed understanding of and commitment to the vision of VCCC
- A track record of successful translational cancer research
- Significant research profile relative to the opportunity in the sarcoma tumour stream
- Proven experience in managing a collaborative enterprise
- Experience in developing and/or delivering post-graduate education/training for health and/or research professionals
- Demonstrated success in building research capability in a complex environment
- Demonstrated involvement in and support for evidence-based processes that improve patient outcomes
- A relevant clinical qualification
- PhD or equivalent research experience
Term and time commitment
Availability to commit up to half a day, spread across a week (0.1 full time equivalent (FTE) until 31 December 2020.
The possibility of contract renewal will be dependent on State Government funding and priority announcements, due towards the end of the year.
The funding agreement offered for this 0.1FTE position will provide funds to be held by the R&E Lead’s substantive (current) employer for the purposes of backfilling for their position, including any support, for the period.
See further information about the VCCC distributed leadership and download a copy of the position description.
For enquiries prior to applying for this role, please contact
VCCC Program Manager, Dr Lauren King +61 413 119 377 email email@example.com
VCCC Executive Director Professor Grant McArthur +61 3 8559 7063 email firstname.lastname@example.org
To express your interest
Please send your CV and covering letter addressing the key selection criteria to Dr Lauren King email@example.com, no later than COB Monday 6 July 2020.