Insightful, informed and passionate leadership is critical to ensuring all people with cancer receive the best possible care and outcomes. The VCCC Alliance is investing in a major new initiative to educate, build, connect and recognise current and emerging leaders in cancer – across all disciplines – to ensure the future of cancer healthcare in Victoria is in capable hands.
Introducing the VCCC Alliance Leadership Academy
The VCCC Alliance Leadership Academy is a multidisciplinary learning network that will provide leadership education and training, build connection between colleagues and peers, and recognise and celebrate contributions to leadership across the sector.
Underpinned by the belief that leadership is a practice not a position, the Leadership Academy will draw together individuals from all disciplines within the alliance to build a community of like-minded cancer leaders.
Meet some of the key people involved in bringing the Leadership Academy to life, who generously shared with us their vision of what good leadership means to them.
Why join the Leadership Academy?
- Become part of a progressive leadership network within the cancer healthcare community
- Connect with like-minded peers across multiple organisations in the cancer sector
- Gain confidence and upskill your leadership capabilities
- Access opportunities for lifelong learning
- Share your knowledge with others
- Receive early-bird registration with discounts to selected VCCC Alliance educational and networking events
- Access recorded leadership webinars
- Receive regular updates via a Leadership Academy email newsletter
- Enjoy exclusive opportunities to network with other Leadership Academy members
- Receive a VCCC Alliance Leadership Academy enamel pin
How do I become a member?
The Leadership Academy membership is free and open to everyone in the cancer workforce and to consumers.
Together, we can:
- Promote effective leadership in a collaborative, multi-partner environment
- Connect leadership capability and capacity building to cancer patients’ health outcomes
- Establish a supportive network of leaders within an interconnected community
- Deliver a range of leadership development opportunities for cancer workforce and consumers at all levels of career progression
- Provide public recognition of exemplary leadership practice across all cohorts of the cancer community.
Leadership Capability Matrix
The VCCC Alliance Leadership Capability Matrix is based on the concept of achieving collective impact, coordinating our efforts towards the shared goal of empowering leadership across the cancer community. It embraces the efforts of all who contribute to research, treatment and advocacy for improved and equitable outcomes. There are four areas of leadership skills building.